This is a department in public library where you can check out and return books,
pay fines, pick up your holds, and more as well as helping users by locating books and finding referrals to other
kinds of library services and resources. This area is located near the main entrance of each library,
and is sometimes called the "Loans Desk".
CIRCULATION DESK ACTIVITIES
The following are the major functions of Circulation Department:
- Collecting statistic on library use, materials check-out and check-in of materials
- Circulation desk is the user assistance by helping users by locating books and finding referrals to other kinds of library services and resources.
- Renewals, hold & recalls, book reserves
- Notifying and searching items
- Issuing library clearance to departing users.
- Send out overdue by phone number, send messages or by following the area where borrower are available by charging and receipting overdue fines.
- Assist circulation supervisor with training student employee, if it is an academic environment.
- Register users in a system for identity card and creation of borrowers pockets, when using the Browne issue system